How Extension Cords Can Cause Electrical Fires
Electrical extension cords are useful for bringing electrical outlets closer to where they are needed. However, they have a high risk of fire if not properly used. Here are some of the ways in which extension cords can cause fire outbreaks: Overloading Each extension cord has a maximum electrical load it can handle. Beyond that limit, the cord becomes overwhelmed, heats up and causes an electrical fire. Therefore, before plugging any electrical appliance into an extension cord, confirm that its electrical rating doesn't exceed the cord's upper limit.